I recently came across one of those food surveys over on Laura’s blog. As I love talking about food, obviously, I decided to answer the questions, too.
1. Favorite cereal as a child?
I’ve never been a cereal fan. I’ve tried a few as a child, but always returned to bread.
2. Coffee or tea? With milk or without?
I have both almost every day, but a little more coffee than tea. And I like both plain, no milk or sugar.
3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?
Sandwiches! I eat them almost every day. Check out my WIAW posts and you’ll see what I mean.
1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?
Ehm, I don’t eat sandwiches for lunch, as they are my favorite breakfast option, but currently I’d prefer peanut butter and jelly, because I’m avoiding cheese. As a child, I really loved liver pâté sandwiches. Gross, I know!
2. You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?
I like to vary my salad ingredients, but I always come back to my favs: cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, sunflower seeds, usually on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce, topped with a creamy tahini balsamic dressing.
3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?
The coffee afterwards, to fight off the food coma. And a piece of dark chocolate.
1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
That hardly ever happens, actually. I’d rather raid our well stocked pantry and/or freezer. Plus, I live in the sticks and there aren’t any fast food chain ‘restaurants’ in my little village. I’m serious! But given the choice, it would be a tie between fries and garden salad from McDonald’s and a veggie sub from Subway’s.
2. TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?
TV on, computer off. I try to focus more on my meals, but most of the time I eat alone, and I prefer some background noise.
3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?
At the moment I have some kind of blended vegetable soup a few times per week. I love a hot, smooth bowl of soup on a cold, dark fall night.
1. Choose between these two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie?
Apple pie! I love fruity desserts. But if chocolate was and option, I’d have that, of course.
2. Choose between these two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)?
Tiramisu! It’s a pretty popular dessert around here (I live less than 200 miles from the Italian border!), and I’ve made it countless times in many different variations. That reminds me, I haven’t had one in ages!
3. Ice cream: cone or cup?
Cup! Why waste your time with a boring waffle cone?
Your turn! Pick one or more questions and give me your answers!