How can it already be October? Seriously, I don’t get it.
Well, I’ve decided to ditch my Monthly Workout Recaps. Even though I really like numbers, they can get pretty boring after a while. And I’d rather talk about my goals for the upcoming/current month anyway.
But first, a few words about what happened in September. It was a very special month for me, as I got married! All the crazy last-minute preparations, paper work following my legal name change, and visiting my ‘new’ family kept me from exercising regularly for several weeks. And now I’m finding it really tough to get back on track, as I’m totally out of shape.
Anyway, here are my goals and plans for the month of October:
- Run 2-3 times a week, focusing on shorter distances, including some speed work, as I really want to get faster.
- My Pilates class started again today, and I hope to make it there every week.
- Get back to the gym, at least once a week, and do some strength training, maybe combined with a short treadmill run.
- If the weather stays nice enough, I want to go on some bike rides with my husband. Short ones during the week, longer ones on weekends.
- No more sweets! I’ve been indulging in ice cream, chocolate, and other sweets way too often lately.
- Stop mindless snacking! I have a horrible habit of snacking all day long, especially at my desk at work. I’ve always been an emotional eater, using food to entertain or comfort myself. It’s time to change that!
- Be in bed (and stay there!) before 11 pm, aiming for 10:30 pm on some days. My alarm is set to 5:30 am, and no, I don’t hit the snooze button. This amount of sleep is my minimum to function properly, and I’ve been struggling with getting it for months.
- Improve quality of sleep. I tend to wake up at least once every night. I’m not sure how to avoid it, but I’m going to try a few things, like drinking herbal tea, turning off my computer a bit earlier, etc.
- I’ve not only neglected my workouts and healthy eating habits, but also my dear little blog. Somehow my inspiration had gone missing, but I’m determined to get it back. I want to write about my workouts again and also post a few new recipes.
Watch out, October, here I come!
P.S. If you’re still interested in my workout stats, check out my Dailymile site!