Today I did my first outdoor run in about two months. Oh how I’ve been missing it! It was a beautiful, mild, and sunny day.
- Distance: 2.8 miles (4,5 km)
- Time: 31:45 minutes
- Average pace: 11:20 min/mile
- Feeling: Sunny
This was by far my fastest run ever! And I only needed one walking break, not two, as I usually do. Considering the hilly course this is really amazing. I actually do like running on the treadmill, especially during winter, but running outside, breathing in fresh air, feeling the sunshine on my face, I just so much more fun.
Some more facts about my runs:
- I always keep the incline of the treadmill at 0%. I tried to increase it once, and it was horrible!
- My heart rate is usually between 165 and 175 bpm. That’s quite high, I guess? But I feel fine most of the time.
- I switch between running and walking, as I’m loosely following a Couch-To-5k plan. Normally I need one or two walking breaks, about 2 minutes each.
I hope that the mild weather will stay around, so I can run outside more often.