I’m really happy that it’s already July. The first half of the year was quite tough, and it looks like the second half will be a lot better. Finally!
Being halfway through the year also means that it’s time for an update on how I’m doing with the goals I set for 2012. Here we go:
- Run more: Semi-success. I did finish my longest race/run ever, the Munich Airport 10k (which was actually an 11.5k), proud and strong. But since then I’ve somehow lost my motivation. So I’ve decided to take a break from racing and run just for fun for the rest of the year. I do want to keep moving, but I’ll focus on other forms of cardio, like biking and Zumba. It’s all about having fun!
- Make strength training fun: Fail. I still hate strength training and haven’t found a way to motivate myself to do it anyway. I wish someone would just kick my butt. Oh well, I’ll keep trying. A little strength training is better than none at all, right? Time to dust off my workout DVDs, I guess.
- Reduce sweets and treats: Semi-success. While I do sometimes eat several pieces of birthday cake (holy marzipan, it was incredible!), I’ve significantly reduced my intake of processed junk food in the past few weeks. I still eat way too much peanut butter and chocolate, but hey, I’m only human. And I’m making progress.
- Reach and maintain my happy weight: Semi-success. I think I’ve lost about three or four pounds since December. It’s not much, but my clothes do fit a little better. I’m still a few pounds above my ‘happy weight’, but it’s not much, so I’m not stressing about it.
- Save some money: Fail! Unfortunately, our financial situation took a turn for the worse, and I even had to use some of our savings. Times were tough, but at least I learned how to live with less and stick to a very tight budget. Things are looking a lot better now. I might even get the chance to make some extra money. I do hope that I’ll be able to save a little in the second half of the year.
Did you set some goals or resolutions for the year? If yes, how have you been doing?